WhatsApp is a widely used free service among smartphone owners, which offers a very valid and reliable messaging application to put people in touch via messages sent using the devices’ data connection. Today WhatsApp can be used not only on different platforms
but also on different devices. In fact, you can also use WhatsApp on your computer. Such as? Using WhatsApp Web. Although it is a very useful service, it is not known by many. For those who often use the PC, maybe for work, WhatsApp Web can be really convenient for not always using the phone and having chats right at your keyboard and mouse. Before explaining all the features and giving you advice on how to use WhatsApp Web, I warn you that it only works if the smartphone on which WhatsApp is installed is turned on and connected to an internet network.
How to configure Whatsapp Web
The configuration of WhatsApp Web is extremely simple, as it takes a few minutes. To associate your WhatsApp account with the Web platform you will need:
- Open WhatsApp. You can either:
- When prompted with a QR code, use the QR scanner within WhatsApp to scan it.
- To do so, open WhatsApp on your phone.
- On Android: in the Chats screen > More options > WhatsApp Web.
- On iPhone: go to Settings > WhatsApp Web .
- On Windows Phone: in the Chats screen > go to Menu > whatsapp web.
- Scan the QR code on your computer screen with your phone.
Then you can put your phone aside and start using WhatsApp Web.
Please note that you can also download the desktop version of WhatsApp for Windows and Mac. The Desktop version is identical to the Web version; the only difference is the installation of WhatsApp directly on the computer, instead of logging in every time from the browser. Once the program has been downloaded, all you have to do is follow the configuration steps shown above.
Appearance and functionality of Whatsapp Web
Before observing all the features offered by WhatsApp Web, let us first consider the visual aspect of the service and the organization of the interface.
As you can see, the WhatsApp Web interface is really simple and clean. On the left side, you will find all your conversations. It will therefore be possible to select the chat you are interested in and start writing a text message using the appropriate bar at the bottom. If you have a microphone connected to your computer, you can also send voice messages by holding down the microphone icon at the bottom right. The really useful thing about WhatsApp Web is that you can send every single file you have to your computers, such as images or documents. To do this, simply click on the paper clip placed at the top and browse the computer to find the file to send.
Also, the classic WhatsApp functions are available:
- By clicking on your profile image (top left), you can edit your personal information and your profile photo
- You can start a new chat by clicking on the balloon icon (always top left)
- You can access the settings via the 3 balls at the top left: from here you can also access blocked contacts, WhatsApp chat archived and, moreover, you can disconnect from WhatsApp Web.
Please note that you can disconnect devices even from a smartphone:
- Open WhatsApp from your smartphone
- Access the Settings
- Continue on WhatsApp Web
- Choose the device to disconnect
- Click on Disconnect from all devices
Hoping that our tips on how to use WhatsApp Web have been helpful, I remind you once again to keep in mind that the smartphone must always be accessed and connected to the internet. Now that you understand how WhatsApp Web works, you can send messages or files to your friends without using a smartphone.